Monday, April 26, 2010

Jeremy Camp!!

At the end of last year, when the theatre was launching its shows for 2010, I was so excited to see Jeremy Camp on the schedule! I have been a huge Jeremy Camp fan since his first album came out in 2002 and was ecstatic to know he was coming to the theatre! When I looked at the seating available for the show, I was overwhelmed to see that all the seats were available as it had been launched only for a couple hours. Usually, when Brandon and I watch a show, we sit in the balcony. However, for Jeremy Camp, and knowing that seats would go fast, it would be even more of a treat to sit on the front row, thankfully, Brandon agreed and we got our tickets then.

April 25th finally arrived. I was working in the ticket office before the show. Scott, my boss, and his family were going to meet Jeremy before he went on stage. He had offered to come back to take over for me in the office so that I could go meet him too. Thanks Scott! (**I should insert here that Maggie, Scott and Sarah's daughter, did not want to meet Jeremy Camp or have her picture made with him because she wanted to hang out with me instead. As heartwarming as that was, Maggie will so thank her mom 10 years from now (or sooner) :)

Brandon had to go to Holly Springs for the evening service before he came to the show. He made it to the theatre just as I was on my way to the Green Room to meet Jeremy Camp. It was a bit rushed, as the show was about to begin, but I was so thankful to get to meet him!

It came time for the concert to begin. Adie, Jeremy Camp's wife, opened the show. This was the first time I heard her sing and I must say, it was amazing. She had such a sweet spirit that was evident in the way she spoke and sang. From the very beginning, she and Jeremy both, led us to worship. I do not feel as though this was a concert or a show, but instead it seemed to be a simple invitation to worship with them.





2 comments:

  1. Yes, don't ever forget that to Maggie, YOU are the rock star! (not Jeremy Camp!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun post!
    Jeremy is such a sweet soul...looks like his show was a blast!

    ReplyDelete