Thursday, April 15, 2010

Let The Games Begin!

Okay, so I'm not a mom, but I am an Aunt and these nieces and nephews of mine, pretty much ROCK! Lucas, McKenzie, Chloe, Kelton, Cadee, and Alex are all into something, and Brandon and I try our best to be a part of all that they have going on. For now, these 7, soon to be 8 kiddos(Baby Zachary is on his way. He will make his arrival in June) keeps us hopping.

On Sunday, Lucas, 4, played in his first soccer game. He was so excited that we were all there to watch him. (I think I was just as excited about being there as he was.) I was totally unaware of this, but the Industrial Park on a Sunday afternoon during soccer season is a super happening place. There are so many people there! But anyhow...

The league Lucas is in, is more like a fundamental league. The coaches stay on the field with them, literally coaching them in what to do next and how to do it. Sometimes, Lucas would get way excited and go off and do whatever he wanted to do. At one point in the game, all these kids were basically standing in a circle kicking the ball, bouncing it off of the other one's feet. Lucas runs into the middle of the circle, bends down, picks up the ball, takes it to the outside of the circle, carefully places it on the ground and then with everything he has, kicks it is hard as he can towards his team's goal. It was so funny!

Lucas played on Field 1 at 3pm. Kelton, another nephew was playing on Field 2 at 3pm. We went between the two fields, but when I took my camera to Kelton's side, it was during the break in the game. I'll get more pictures of his team next week.

Lucas, #7, is ready to play!
He wasn't really sure what to think about going up against "a girl".
He did NOT want this little girl sit by him on the cooler. I asked him why he didn't want her to sit by him, he said, "because she is a girl"

Time to cool down.
Nearing the end of the 50 minute game, he was tired.

This is one girl he doesn't mind being around.
Lucas & McK pose for me after the game.
Kelton and his team was taking a break when I got over to his field with my camera.
Saving his energy.

This is Lucas' first sporting event, I'm sure the first of many. This was Kelton's first game of the season. We are proud of our two soccer players, our softball player/gymnastics gal, our baseball player, and our ballerina.

2 comments:

  1. You are the best auntie and uncle ever! How sweet to go support all your kiddos... I know that means the world to them. By the way, my favorite picture is definitely Lucas trying to push the girl off the cooler. Atta boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas succeeded in pushing the girl off the cooler, she cried, and he had to apologize. Bless. He is hysterical. But he will be a great soccer player as soon as he get's the fundamentals down.

    ReplyDelete