Friday, September 18, 2009

Fair Days!

The Macon County Fair is going on this week. It began Wednesday and runs through Sunday. I was excited to take Lucas to the fair. We had a great time. He was EXTREMELY excited about EVERYTHING. We have to see everything, pet everything, sit on every tractor, get a piece of candy from every booth, and top it off with ice cream. We had a wonderful time.
Enjoy the pictures.
*************************************************************************************
I had to do some convincing to get this picture. There were too many things to take in than to sit still for a picture.



My farmer. He asked me if there was any work that he needed to do while he was there. He had his work boots on, you know? He kept reminding me.


We got to visit Gabe and Daniel Pickens' lambs. Gabe let us pet Snickers. Gabe was working hard raking the hay on the ground. He was doing a great job, but Lucas wanted to rake too, instead we kept petting the lambs.

I was too afraid to walk up to a cow and let Lucas pet it. Thankfully, Tony volunteered to take him. I was very grateful. Tony even got Lucas to look at me for a picture!

Mamaw came to join in the fun.
Then, we found McKenzie there. Lucas was WAY excited to see her.
Aunt Tasha took them to see the rabbits.

Right before we left, McKenzie and Lucas got ice cream. It was a great way to end the night.

My prayer for the two of these special children is that they will grow up to me a man and woman after God's own heart. Me and Jesus talk often about these two, and I know He is going to great things in and through them. He already is!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post nance. However, I am slightly saddened that you mentioned everyone but Brandon and myself...and we didn't even get to be in an picture! :( Its ok...we know our place on your lis.:)haha just KIDDING! I did have a great time at the fair. Jesus and I talk a lot about those two precious children as well...I believe as long as WE stay faithful then they will feel the need to do so as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! You're a brave lady for taking the little ones to the fair! Good job, Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete