Monday, September 21, 2009

Best Friend. Soul Mate. My Little Boy. Daddy. Big Brother. Hero. Punkin' Head. - One Man - So Many Titles.

Unsure what to title this blog.
Really, I'm unsure what to even say.

Today, September 21, 2009, is three years since my family had to say goodbye to my dad's "Best Friend", my mom's "Little Boy", my sister-in-law's "Soul Mate", my niece's "Daddy", my sister's "Big Brother", and my "Hero", my closest friend, David.
I cannot, nor will I attempt to tell you all that this man meant to those around him. He touched more lives within his 27 years of life than many people touch within their lifetime.
When someone passes away, it will be said that "the world is a little less ____________", however on this day three years ago, this world became a lot less happier, a lot less exciting, a lot less fun.
McKenzie Faith, my brother's and sister-in-law, Natasha's little girl was given one month to meet, fall in love, and capture her father's heart, however, within a few moments of life she had already accomplished those things and had the remainder of that time to allow David & Natasha to be Mom and Dad and the three of them to be a family.
I do not claim to understand the purpose in losing my brother, but I will celebrate in knowing that the Creator of Life is All Knowing.
For McKenzie, who is growing into a beautiful little girl, resembles her daddy in many more ways than one. She, will be David's legacy, a legacy that will continue to teach, continue to inspire, and will continue to love.

God,
I know that when my heart hurts, Yours' does too. I know that You love me and I hear Your daily whispers that remind me of Your faithfulness. Thank You Jesus, for allowing our family to be David's family. Thank you for allowing me to call him Big Brother, for all the memories that make me smile and for all of McKenzie's gestures that remind us she is his. Lord, I lift up Natasha, one who lost her spouse of four years. Lord, You understand our saddness and our grief. Strengthen our hearts, oh Lord.
May we find in You the strength to celebrate David's life and the life that he now lives in Glory. Remind us King Jesus that although that the days that David has been gone has turned to years, he would say he has been in Your Courts for a day.
************************************************************************************
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend
Even so, it is well with my soul.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Nance for this post. It is a reminder of the Lord that we serve and the comfort that I have knowing that I will see my brother again in Glory. And that, is a blessed thought. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is beautiful writing coming from a beautiful heart. I'm so sorry for your loss, sweet friend. I love seeing your eternal perspective... but I know that doesn't take away all the hurt. Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy this absolutely touched my heart and bledded my soul. It is such a comfort to know we will all be with him again in Heaven. I love you and your family and we are praying for you.

    Alicia price

    ReplyDelete