Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary to US!


When I left my house this morning, off to Cartoogechaye Elementary School for a day of 2nd grade, I couldn't help but allow my heart to sing its praises to King Jesus for His Mercy, Goodness, and Grace.

You see, two years ago today, I drove down the same street as I did this morning, peered out at the sky as silent tears began to stream. The sky was a crisp, fall blue without the faintest hint of a cloud. The leaves were changing and the day was warm - it was a day that any bride would have prayed for - and for me, it was my wedding day.

Many times we have prayers that we pray without ceasing. We may pray that our loved ones come to know Christ as their Savior, that our family members will be healed, or that our burdens would be lifted. Although we pray these prayers, there is not a specific deadline for these prayers to be answered. We just pray and lift our requests and wait for the answers.

The wedding had been planned. The orders were in. The dress had been purchased. The day was set. The arrangements? An outside wedding and reception at the end of September. I, was ecstatic and could not wait. Others, shared their concern for rain. We certainly had a back up plan, but I sure didn't want to have to put it into action.

I knew that Jesus wanted me to share my heart with Him, regardless to what it is. But this was so trivial. This request of mine, this desire of my heart, was only for me, so selfish. Then I realized. This was something that I could not do. I could not promise a day of good weather. I could not ensure there would not be rain. Therefore, I simply shared my heart to the only One that could answer my prayer.

As the day that so much had gone into, quickly approached, I was overwhelmed to know that on September 29, 2007, my prayer would be answered in some way or another. This was the deadline for my prayer.

My wedding day arrived and in the midst of the hustle and bustle. I stepped out on my back porch and rejoiced in the Lord for who He was. It was He who had heard my prayer. He had heard the quiet request of my heart and though I was ashamed to ask of this weather, it was He who reminded me that He does long to hear every desire of our hearts.

This day was special because of those that stood beside us as we promised our love to one another. There were 12 people in our wedding party, all 12 holding a special place in our hearts. Six of those individuals were those that we have lived our lives with all our lives, our family. The other six were those that we met as we served the Lord together in some form of missions.

Since this special day, Brandon and I have watched God provide in ways that we could not provide for ourselves. We praise Him and the love that only He can give.

I find myself falling in love with Brandon more and more each day. I'm thankful for who he is and who I am when I am with him. It is Brandon who makes me feel as though I can reach my fullest potential. Oh how I love him. Each day of our lives is yet a new adventure.

Enjoy some wedding day memories.

This picture is all of our wedding party minus Matthew. We're not sure exactly where he was at this point.

Mr. & Mrs. Breedlove


Us again.


Cake.

The ceremony & JP singing "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman



Me, eyes fixed on the one that I love most.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, What I beautiful wedding. I am your sisters friend. I am so proud of you two for putting God first in your relationship. Because of that God will truly bless you both!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy, thank you for sharing! Your wedding was beautiful and YOU are beautiful. Happy Anniversary to you and Brandon! I know you will love each other and Jesus for many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Sis! You were speaking of those moments of bright and early that morning --- yeah...I was definitely one of the ones who didn't have faith that the sun was going to shine. But it did, and it was a glorious beautiful wedding! I am so thankful to have an awesome sister like you, but I am so thankful to have a wonderful, Godly Brother-In-Law. You guys are such a blessing to me in so many ways. Love you!

    ReplyDelete