Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Painting Pottery

A couple months ago, Deidre introduced me to Claymates - just over the mountain in Dillsboro. It's a fun paint-your-own-pottery place. You go in, choose a piece from their shelves, choose your paint colors, and paint! The first time I went, I went with Deidre, Alisha, and Lucas. The reason why I love Claymates is because the owners there really go out of their way to ensure a super kid friendly place and with a somewhat rambunctious nephew, I appreciate their effort.

I have been back a couple more times since then as it is a great place to take a friend, take a niece or nephew, or two... :) It's also fun just to have something new to do!

Since the time Deidre took me to Claymates, Colorful Creations has opened in Franklin. It is located in the new strip below Macon Bank Corporate Center. I have been to this location a couple times as well. The concept is still the same and the painting is just as fun! :)

I collected all my pictures from the times I have been from my cell phone, camera, or on my flip camera and put them all on this post.

I highly recommend trying out these places. They even do birthday parties!

The first time I went, I painted a plate &
Lucas painted Papa & Mamaw a Christmas present.


McKenzie & Lucas got to paint together
as they worked on Christmas Ornaments.





Maggie - doesn't fit in the niece category,
but she is definitely a friend.


Painting with Chloe, one of our 3 nieces.


2 comments: