Sunday, January 2, 2011

*Christmas 2010*

Brandon and I have certainly enjoyed the last few weeks. Although December proves to be the busiest month of the year, we have truly enjoyed all that surrounds Christmas.

Christmas Eve, we spent our time at the Christmas Eve Service at Holly Springs, Brandon's Mamaw's house and at my Mamaw's house. Though there were several places for us to be, we were able to make it to each place, with enough time to sit and enjoy the family that was in each place we visited.

Christmas Day, we got up and started getting ready for the day. Knowing that snow was in the forecast, I looked outside expecting to see at least a "dusting" of snow on the ground. Instead, there was nothing outside and I dismissed the possibility of snow on Christmas.

By the time we were ready and leaving the house, the snow had began to fall. This was big flakes...sticking flakes. :) It snowed all day long. It was definitely a Christmas to remember as this was truly a White Christmas.

Yes, as I said, we enjoyed the time we were able to spend with our families and everything else that is part of Christmas, however, most of all, we were thankful to be able to celebrate a birth - not just any birth - but the birth of a King. The birth of Jesus.

I didn't take a lot of pictures on Christmas, although I would have liked too, I felt like I would enjoy not having to keep up with my camera and visiting with our families a whole lot more.

Pictures of Lucas were the day after Christmas, but still...



Brandon & I usually wait until we get back home on Christmas night to open our gifts from one another, but he didn't want the coat he got me to be sitting at home while it was snowing, so he let me open it before we left. So I felt like it was only right to let him open one as well. His was a hat.

Lucas was ready to play in the snow!


He really wanted to show me his Gingerbread House that
he & Deidre had worked really hard on.

The M&Ms spell out LUCAS in the yard.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! It looks like all was merry & bright :) I am hoping to post my pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete