Tuesday, May 11, 2010

*Graduation Day*

May 8, 2010, has been a day that seemed so far into the distance, it seemed as if it would never arrive. Now, it has not only arrived, but has passed, and leaves me with excitement & pride. Instead of going right into the events of the day, I feel as though it is only fair to share some of the journey that has brought me to this place.

The journey to May 08, 2010:

When Brandon & I got married, we began praying for the Lord to open a door for me to finish my degree in Elementary Education. 4 months later, in January 2008, we felt as though our prayers had been answered and a door had been opened in deed. Stepping completely out on faith, I put my 2-week notice in to my supervisor at the bank, and finished at the bank on January 12th (only to come home to a gift from Brandon, a backpack :)). I became a full-time student at Western Carolina University on January 15th, my 1st day back to school.

I began back at school, sometimes feeling out of place simply because I wasn't the college age, dorm living, girl that most of my peers were, however, the Lord continued to provide for us and I continued to take classes. There were definitely times when I felt as though I couldn't do it anymore, the full time student, part time waitress, full time pastor's wife, seemed to be overwhelming at times, but the Lord was faithful.

Slowly but surely, I was able to check off requirements for my degree and eventually, I had made it to my student teaching. For the last year, I have spent my days in a 2nd grade classroom, learning more than I learned at WCU, simply because of the experience. I feel as though Mrs. Pickens & Mrs. King have went out of their way to prepare me for my own classroom. I am thankful for their investment in me.
Although I am so unaware of what is to come, I do know that the Lord will continue to be faithful, just as He has proven to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Graduation Day - May 08, 2010
I had to be at Western early, so my friend Tiffany met me at my house and excitedly, we headed to WCU. Before Tiffany got to my house, Brandon came to me and gave me a small box. He told me how proud of me he was and he wanted to get something special for me to celebrate my (our) graduation! He had started a Pandora Bracelet for me!! On the bracelet were 3 charms: a graduation cap, "best friends", and a flip flop. It was definitely a special gift and I am so thankful. Brandon has supported and encouraged me all along and I love him more each day.
I was on the front row of my graduating class, so it was easy for me to see all that came to support me. As I walked in with my class, I could hear a little voice, yelling my name, I looked up, who was it? LUCAS & McKENZIE! When I looked up to see who else was there, I found McKenzie & Chloe waving so big, just hoping I would see them. They were with my Mom & Dad, Deidre, Natasha, Terry, Sandy, Amy, Brooke, Brandon, and Cadee. It was great!
Lucas & McKenzie were ready for something to happen.

Coming in.

I am on the front row, on the center aisle.

The flag was released during the National Anthem.

Lucas, Me, McK

Then, there was a picture-worthy moment when they were still!

Terry, Cadee, Sandy, Chloe, Brandon, Me, Brooke, Amy

Natasha, Moma, Brandon, McK, Me, Lucas, Daddy, Deidre

Moma, Me, Daddy

Moma, Brandon, Me, Daddy

Natasha, Me, Deidre

After graduation, Brandon had planned a cook-out! I was super proud of him simply because he took care of all the arrangements all on his own! He did have our moms to help, but from what I understand, he told them what he needed them to do and they did it! I appreciate all of them for all their effort to make this day a special one.

I loved the cake!

1 comment: