Thursday, November 5, 2009

"The Leaves Are Still Going To Change"

It seems like I miss my brother, David the most during the Fall season. I say that, but really, in Winter, when families are gathering and celebrating the Birth of Christ, his absence is overwhelming. In Spring, when I see new buds and life surrounding us, I remember the Easter pictures we would take as a family with the young blossomed Dogwood in the background. Although there have been more added to this family portrait, there always seems to be a vacant place where he would have stood. The Summer makes me think of the June nights that we would spend outside catching fireflies as kids and hanging out on the lake as "somewhat" adults. So in reality, I miss him all year long, but this week has definitely been one of those weeks when I miss him with all I am.


David used to say, "The leaves are still going to fall", meaning there is another season coming. Maybe it's because of this saying as to why I grieve for only having a childhood with him rather than a lifetime during the fall.


As I drove to work this morning, there were red and yellow leaves falling, floating in the wind. It was another reminder of not only David and how I miss him, but of Jesus and how I love Him. As I watch the leaves fall, I am not only reminded of the fact that yes, indeed, another season is just a few days away, but the fact that life is only but a season, itself.


There is a new season coming. A time when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. A time when we will all sing along with the Angels. A day when we will celebrate without ceasing. A day when we will lay our crowns at the foot of Jesus. Oh what a day!



1 comment:

  1. Ah Nancy you write with such depth and insight. Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful picture, too!

    ReplyDelete