Friday, October 23, 2009

Worship While I'm Waiting

One of the many reasons as to why I love to blog so much is because it forces me think of where Brandon and I have been, where we are going, and where we are right now. There are a lot of things I could write about in a post, but today, on this rainy, dreary day, I can't help but to think that I am just....waiting.

Where have Brandon and I been lately? Well, literally, we have been to Destin, FL where we enjoyed a time of rejuvenation and rest. However, figuratively speaking, we have been in an extremely busy season of our lives. For now, things have seemed to calm down, a very little, but somewhat noticeable.

Where are we going? Like everyone else, we will soon be preparing for the Holidays, however, at times it feels as though Brandon is always on the go during this time. I must admit though, I love this time of year. I enjoy the Christmas programs, the excitement on children's faces ( oh, who am I kidding? The excitement that wells up within me! ), the visits and celebrations with family and dear friends...all of it. I love the holidays.

Where are we now? I have been thinking about this question all day. Where are we? I'm not really sure. We are 7 weeks away from the end of this semester (yes, I do say "we". Brandon should walk across the stage with me so that "we" can get our degree in Elementary Education). Right now, it really seems as though we are waiting. We are waiting for me to begin student teaching in January so that I can graduate in May. We are certainly waiting on graduation so that I can get a job. We will then be waiting on a job. Although there will be a sense of "waiting' as it comes time for a full time job, I must note that I am thankful. Thankful that God has once again provided in a way that I could not. Regardless to whether or not I get a teaching position, I am thankful for the job I currently have. The worst part is the "wait" of knowing what my full time job will be. With all this said, I do feel as though it is safe to say that we are in a time of waiting.

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.
~Psalm 5:3

1 comment:

  1. I love your post. And while you may tire of waiting... Nancy, this is such a sweet time of your life. I wouldn't change our life for anything, but I do dream of what it might've been like for Scott and me to have some time, just the two of us, before embarking on this adventure of parenthood. Enjoy every moment of this season - it is a precious one :)

    ReplyDelete