Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Radio City Rockettes

For so long, I have wanted to see the Radio City Rockettes. I have only been to New York City once and that trip did not allow any extra time to go to a show. So when my friend, Brooke King asked me if I were interested, I jumped on the opportunity. However, this wasn't just a trip with Brooke, but we would be going on a tour bus trip (this was another new adventure for me).


We met at the Kmart parking lot and left on the bus at 9am. We were scheduled to eat at The Varsity for lunch, but when we arrived there, the parking lot was covered with tailgaters anticipating the Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game that afternoon. Therefore, we went to Plan B. We ate lunch in the food court of the CNN Building.


After lunch, we got back on the bus and headed to the Fox Theatre. At this point, I was extremely excited! Since I have been working at the Smoky Mountain Center of the Performing Arts, I have become increasingly interested in other theatres and shows. I have never been to the Fox Theatre, but have heard so much about it. I was thankful to have the opportunity to be in the theatre with such history and success.

When we arrived, we got in line (that went down along the building and went around the other corner) and waited to get in. I loved every minute of it.



Before the show began, I went to the balcony so that I could see the entire theatre. I stood in amazement as I looked around. The theatre was beautiful!!! So much architecture and detail. I was overwhelmed.


At the end of the Rockettes, the show continued into the story of Christ. There was a live nativity scene, complete with two REAL camels, donkey, and sheep. It was beautiful.


The show was wonderful and I am so thankful to have gone.



I could not let the night end without getting a picture with Brooke. I am thankful for this special woman. I keep thinking, "when I grow up, I want to be just like her". She is the wife, mother, and friend, that I want to become. Her friendship is a gift and I am thankful for who she is in my life.

2 comments:

  1. how fun!! I'm so glad you got to go!! I love the Fox. And I've always wanted to see the Rockettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you got to go see the Rockettes! You know that they are the ONLY reason I watch the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade. :) haha

    ReplyDelete