Thursday, June 17, 2010

What A Week!

This has been one busy week. Sunday morning, Brandon left our house with Jeff King and headed towards Orlando, FL for the Southern Baptist Convention. I wasn't too worried as to how I would spend the week, as I already had some plans in the works. In the four and half days that Brandon would be gone, I would have 3 lunch dates (which totally takes the place of the ones he usually has on a very regular basis :) ), talk about missions at VBS, go to Tiffany's house, get a facial, and begin our children's program at church. Although I had quite the list to occupy my time, there were moments of "down time" and it was during these times that I was extremely bored, simply because Brandon was not there. One of these times occurred Sunday afternoon, Brandon had been gone for only hours, I found myself doing laundry and watching "Wild Russia" on the Animal Planet, I was ready for him to come home!

However, I knew that Brandon was really looking forward to the Pastor's Conference and would have a great time and he has. I, too, have been able to use these last few days to do some extra things that I don't normally do.

Monday, I spent some "girl time" with Tiffany as we worked on our Summertime Children's Wednesday night program for church.

Tuesday, I had a lunch date with a special friend. An hour and half later, we left our table at Monte Albans, which reminded me that we need to do this much more often. As we left in our vehicles, we agreed that our husbands needed to come along next time so they can be in on the "catching up". That night, I had been invited to be a part of Windy Gap's VBS, to talk to the Middle and High School Students about missions. I was able to encourage them to look for ways to serve Christ this summer. It was a lot of fun, I'm thankful for the invitation.

I had really been looking forward to Wednesday. I was getting to meet a new friend, Renee for lunch. Renee has had some pretty substantial events in her life all at the same time as she has graduated from college (with a degree in Education) and two weeks later, got married and moved from Ohio to Franklin. Before meeting for lunch, I was concerned that we wouldn't have a lot to talk about, but that fear no longer existed when we got up from our table close to 2 hours later. :)
After lunch with Renee, I headed to Spa Siobhan for a facial. This was a graduation gift and definitely not something that I do very often, but it was fun and was more than relaxing! Unfortunately, as soon as I walked out of the building, the relaxation was over. I had to kick it into gear as we prepared and got ready for the summer program that began last night. The kids LOVED it and I look forward to how this goes as the summer progresses.

Today, I'm completing my week with a lunch with several friends Brooke, Allie, Maddie, Amber, Reed, & Ella and then....for the moment we have all been waiting for..... Brandon comes home!!! ( I realize this is really only the moment I have been waiting for, however, it fit).

Although I have certainly missed Brandon while he has been gone, I have also enjoyed the time I have been able to spend with old and new friends, taking the moments to be thankful for the people in our lives and sharing with one another what God is doing in and through our lives. It has been a true gift to get to spend time with the special ladies in my life. I have realized this week just another way God has blessed my life and for that, I am left with nothing but thankfulness.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy this week. You should have penciled in

    ReplyDelete
  2. "lunch-with-your-super-cool-big-sister-in-Sylva-because-she-doesn't-work-in-Franklin-anymore-and-our-lunch-dates-do-not-happen-anymore-it-would-have-made-her-week."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could've been in on the lunch date fun too :) I love your perspective on things, Nancy! Hope the homecoming was extra special :)

    ReplyDelete