Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Days Ahead

Teacher Workdays began today for Macon County School Teachers. Since I am beginning Intern 1 for the Fall Semester, I am required to begin working with my Host Teacher the day Teacher Workdays begin. To be honest, I have been looking forward to these days. I knew there would be a lot to get accomplished, knowing that Parent Night is tomorrow and that students come back on Tuesday, but I was excited about getting the opportunity to know my Host Teacher more than I do. My Host Teacher is Angie Pickens and Brooke King. It will be a good year.
For the Fall Semester, I will be working at Cartoogechaye Elementary School three days a week: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I also have classes at WCU these same days. Regardless to the busyness school will add to our lives, I am extremely looking forward to this last school year and all that I will be taking in.
The Spring Semester begins in January, which means that I will be completing my Student Teaching in the same classroom. I will take on the role of teacher for the semester which leaves me excited as well as nervous all at the same time.
Last night Brandon and I were praying together and Brandon said something that I had not thought of. He was asking Jesus to walk with me into the School System today and to remind me of His presence as I began my journey into the classroom, maybe for the rest of my career life. That was a neat thought.
So anyhow, within the next year, there will be a lot of changes occuring in our lives. We are looking forward to it and clinging to the scripture:
"For I know the plans I have for you. Plans that will give you a hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! Scott told me you were starting a blog, and I saw it on Misty's. I make our blogs into books w/ free software from blurb.com (BookSmart). For me, at least, it is WAY easier than scrapbooking (I'm not exactly artsy or creative). I'm excited to keep up with you... you know, more than what Scott lets me know. :)

    ReplyDelete