Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week of Thankfulness - Tuesday

Tuesday - I am thankful for Brandon.

I married my best friend 3 years ago. I knew I loved him then, but my love for him now runs so much more deeper than it did then.

Within the last three years of our lives, we have spent most of that time figuring out how to manage a home and how to be more dependent on Jesus than we are on ourselves. Brandon was patient with me while I figured out my role in our marriage. He didn't say a word when we ate Hamburger Helper for entirely too many meals. He didn't get upset with me when I put Ajax in the dishwasher and flooded it and even though he appreciates his clothes, he appreciates me more and didn't even bring it to my attention when I ruined a load of laundry. Although it took me a while to settle into my role as wife, Brandon immediately valued his role as a husband. Since our married journey began, Brandon has always loved me and has always put me first.

As a part of our vows, we promised one another to do our best to encourage and support the other so that they would reach their fullest potential. Although I try to do that for Brandon, I feel as though he does that so much more for me. We were married for 4 months when he encouraged me to quite my full time job at a bank so that I could go to school full time and finish my Elementary Ed. degree. If I had to make that decision on my own, I would still be at the bank out of fear of having to make the decision on my own. However it was his encouragement and his dedication to help me reach my fullest potential that enabled me to make the decision to go for it.

Brandon is a part of every aspect of my life. Three years ago our two separate lives became one and because of that, I will never be the same. He plays so many roles in our life together. He is the spiritual leader of our home, a husband, an encourager, a supporter, a prayer warrior, a best friend, a quiet rock. For everything Brandon is in the life we share together, I am thankful.

The last three years of our lives have been a "journey" to say the least a journey that we are still on. I'm just thankful that we get to travel it together.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy... this is one of my favorite posts so far... as i read this it brings tears to my eyes, and a smile to my heart to see you so happy and in love... this is my favorite picture of you and brandon bc it captures just that- the "love that you share"... I am so happy for you... and see... "good things do come to those who wait" (who would have known that a moto shared between two heart broken teenage girls would be a lasting true moto for our lives... )love you always, your best friend -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! Brandon sounds a lot like my husband Zac who is always putting me first. I also feel that Zac is way better at his role as a husband than I am as a wife. He bears with me though! Great post!

    ReplyDelete