Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Weekend with Rachel

Towards the end of March, I got to visit my friend Rachel for the weekend. Rachel and I met in 2004 as we served on the same World Changers Summer Staff Team. On each SS team, typically there are 2 girls and 2 boys. The four of us ride together to the states that we are assigned to. Basically, for the entire summer, we are a family. It is crucial to be able to connect with all your teammates, but it was especially important to connect with your same gender teammate, for obvious reasons.
The day Rachel and I met, we became great friends. Not only did we serve together in 2004 in Illinois, Indiana, & Missouri, but we also got to serve together in 2005 in the state of Texas. I do not have a single memory of those two summers that Rachel is not a part of.

Rachel lives in Lawrenceville, GA - about 2 hours away, but entirely too close for me not have seen her for a year and a half!

The weekend was just what I needed at that exact time. Conversation was about World Changers, Teaching, Life, and started over again. Thank you Rachel for a weekend that was good for the soul in so many ways.



This is the only picture I took of us together. It is hard to see, but oh well.



This is the apartment complex that Rachel lives in. It was my home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment