Friday, February 26, 2010

January 2010

I can't believe that I am just now sitting down to blog. The last post I had, was "A Sad Day in 2nd Grade", which was posted on January 5th. So much has happened since then and I doubt I will be able to think of everything that has taken place. I promise to do better with the blog. :)

January 4th, Macon County Schools started back to school from Christmas break. This Spring Semester, I am on the schedule of the local school systems, not WCU. Therefore, I began school on the 4th. Immediately, as school began, I had to begin "fade in". My Coordinating Teacher and I worked together so that I could fade into the role of the full time teacher. The goal was to be completely faded in within two weeks, beginning full time student teaching, January 25th.

January 21st, Brandon and I went to Nashville, TN, along with my parents. I am serving as the Project Coordinator for World Changers in Franklin this summer. I look forward to serving in this capacity. In Nashville, we attended a Coordinator's Retreat, as we reviewed the policies of the projects and made preparations for the summer. Although it was WONDERFUL getting to visit with people I had not seen since 2004 and 2005, it was extremely stressful for me to know that I would be taking over full time student teaching on Monday, the next time we had school. I felt like I needed to be planning for the upcoming Monday, rather than the week long project in July, however, the conference was necessary as well as enjoyable and I was so thankful to visit and catch up with friends I had not seen in years.

January 25th, Student Teaching began! I was super excited about this portion of my education to begin. I remember January 14th, 2008, the day I began WCU, Student Teaching seemed so far away. Now, here it was. I am so extremely thankful for the opportunity to have gone back to school. God has provided for Brandon and I in so many ways - ways that we could not provide for ourselves. This week was a little overwhelming, however, I was thankful to have a beginning and know that I was on my way to graduation.

Although I was beginning my student teaching on Monday, the 25th, I had planned and talked to my Coordinating Teacher, Angie, about leaving right after school on Friday to go scrapbooking. I was so excited about getting the opportunity to spend time with special ladies and just hang out. Angie found out from Brooke, the assistant in our classroom, who was going with me for the weekend, that the trip really began Thursday night, that I was just going on Friday so I didn't have to miss school on Friday. Once she realized this, she encouraged me to go with Brooke on Thursday evening and miss school on Friday. I am so thankful for Angie. So, four days into my student teaching, I missed Friday so I could go scrapbooking for the weekend. The great news is: I completed my wedding album!!! Forget the fact we have been married for 2 1/2 years, I am just happy to have it complete! While we were gone to the cabin scrapbooking, we missed the "big snow" in Franklin.

This pretty much wraps up my January. It was certainly busy to say the least. I kept thinking through the month how I really needed to blog, and am reminded now, how necessary it is for me to keep up with it. :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad for an update! Miss seeing you around. Glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete