Saturday, November 9, 2013

Beach Trip 2013

I am playing major catch up on the blog.
I know it's hard to believe, but I love blogging.  I enjoy writing. 
However, I allow the smallest little thing distract me from my commitment to stay current. 
 
Most of the time, I get too much on my plate, which is completely self-inflicted, and blogging quickly becomes "just something else to do". 
 
It is, though, important to me to have a record of our lives.
So... for the 148th time, I am trying to renew my commitment to blog. 
**********
In August, a couple weeks before the school year began, Brandon and I had a chance to spend a week in our favorite beach spot, Destin, FL. 
I cannot even begin to express how needed this time was. 
 
The chance to get away for a bit came in the midst of an extremely dark season and I was thankful for the chance to spend uninterrupted time with Brandon.
 
The first night we were there, Brandon gave me a gift.  He told me to close my eyes and wait.  When I opened my eyes, he was holding a new wedding ring set.  I have talked about the "antique-y looking rings" for years.  I actually feel strange saying that it wasn't our anniversary, there wasn't anything wrong with my original set, but Brandon giving me this set of rings demonstrates his heart for our marriage - they are "to celebrate our marriage".
 
**********
Brandon's aunt and uncle, Jim and Kathy, along with their family, were in Destin the same week as we were.  Actually, we were all staying at the same place. 
We enjoyed spending the days on the beach with them and eating dinner a couple times throughout the week. 
 
There were two other families from our town in the Fort Walton/Destin area as well.  We were able to catch up with them, eat dinner, and watch fireworks.  We had such a great time!
**********
When we were not eating out or sitting on the beach, we were taking walks, reading, resting, and talking to Jesus. 
 
We were thankful for the time we had to spend together. I am thankful for the thought and love that Brandon intentionally puts into our marriage. 
 
I am blessed.
 
 


















1 comment:

  1. i miss reading your blog. you definitely need to keep up with it since I don't get to see you very often its nice to feel like i know what's going on. :)
    your rings are gorg (brando did a great job!)
    I love you both dearly and I am so glad that you two are MY family! XoXo

    p.s. I am following you via email...how about you return the favor. :) haha

    ReplyDelete