Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Currently in January

I often read teaching blogs and on one specific blog I read, is written by a super fun and outgoing teacher named, Farley.  At the beginning of each month, she posts a CURRENTLY page.  This is like a "fill in the blank"-type page, that you complete and post on your own blog - it's a way for others to know what's CURRENTLY going on with you.... assuming they care. :)

I usually only post this on my teaching blog, but I thought I would see how it went on my personal blog. 

I am posting the blank page so that you can do this too.  Save the blank page on your computer.  Then open it in an editing site.  I use www.pixlr.com/express. It's free. :) Open the blank page, and then use the "text" option to fill in each space.  Then post!  Below your post of the CURRENTLY page, give a little "blurb" of each space you wrote about. 

I think this will be fun.

To see the entire page, click on the image.... I can't figure out how to adjust my widths on the blog. ugh.


Sometimes, I get a little frustrated with the home-buying prospects on HGTV's, House Hunters.  However, overall, I am a HGTV junkie.  Our TV is on this channel 95% of the time. 

Oh so soon, I will be seeing my friend, Julie a lot more often.  We are going to be workout partners at the gym.  I am super excited to get to do this with her: an encourager and friend.

Though I will spend the rest of the week at school, students won't come until Monday.  There is, however, a whole heck of a lot to get completed before I see their smiling (or not so smiling) faces.

I am CURRENTLY reading, Orphanology by Tony Merida.  It is a great book, paralleling adoption and the Gospel. When I finish it, I want to begin, actually, two books.  One I heard of just recently, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and the other is Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.

Since I will be beginning my gym days (once again), I am in need of a new pair of tennis shoes.  They probably need to be lime green?

My OLW (one little word) is incredibly powerful: redemption.  How beautiful this one word is.  How grateful I am of this one word.  I am thankful for the gift of redemption that Christ has freely offered me.  A chance to be redeemed - forgiven of the dark and ugly so that I can step into His presence, His holiness.  Through the redemption of Christ, brokeness is traded for hope, for His Glory, alone.

Tell me.... What are you up to CURRENTLY?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All art centers carry beads and there are
    entire stores devoted to them. Get the kind of things you
    want, make a spending budget that works for you and make your garden look beautiful.
    You will be sure to find a wind spinner that will match your lawn d.


    my blog - easy flower garden ideas

    ReplyDelete